How to Identify Breast Cancer at home | Early signs of Breast Cancer | NextMamas.
- Change in color such as redness.
- Change in shape as the increase in size in a short period.
- Feeling of tenderness, hardness, or warmth while touched.
- Peeling of the nipple skin.
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Pain in the nipple area.
If there is a lump in the breast or underarm area along with the above symptoms it is a warning sign of breast cancer. It is mostly a painless hard mass with irregular edges but it can be soft, round, or painful.
How can we check at home:
Look at your breasts directly in the mirror and look if there is any sign of dimpling, puckering, or bumps of the skin or if the shape is round and the outline of each breast. Check the nipple area and if there feels any hard mass in the breast or underarm upon touching the areas.
Is it Curable?
If it is identified early it can be cured.
What we can do to avoid it:
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Keep a healthy diet.
- Breastfeed your child for at least two years.
- If you are using hormones and Contraceptive pills always follow the doctor’s advice.
These are a few symptoms and advice to act upon so one can save herself from this deadly disease. it mostly runs in families the care must be taken especially in families whose females already have this disease either treated or not. Family history is very important in the case of breast cancer.
Author: Dr. Iram Gill
Dr. Iram Gill is an MBBS doctor by profession and a Content Writer by passion. She is a mother as well and has observed the health-related challenges faced by mothers and babies. She wants to play her part in increasing access and support for breastfeeding and maternal health problems.